Sunday, January 2, 2011

Gluten Gluttony

I am mourning more than usual at the end of this holiday season because I know in my heart what doctors have been suggesting for years is true. I have a gluten sensitivity. I have unsuccesfully tried to go gluten free in the past and it never lasts more than say...a week?
Here is the thing about lifestyle change-it Consumes YOU. And inevitably I feel like a huge burden to those poor souls who are kind enough to listen. So rather than blab, bitch, and be unbearable, I will document on my blog. This isn't really an original idea-thank goodness other brave souls have gone before me so that I know at least I am not alone in the cyber world. Today my friend Becky found this blog that I adored simply for the title: glutenhatesme.com. Because that is how I feel. Gluten HATES me. AbHOres me. And it REALLY hurts my feelings, not to mention my head, my stomach, my chest...etc...
I feel like the best friend I have had all of my life died. Gluten. Everywhere I look there are places we used to get together. Gluten gave me bread, cake, cookies, every special event in my life-gluten was there. Birthdays, special dinners, breakfast, lunch, and treats. Sometimes we were alone, sometimes we socialized, but we were Always together. Always.
Right now it isn't too bad if I just stay home alone and pretend Gluten never existed. But if I venture out of my house the reminders are Everywhere. So today I am still in mourning. There might be a private funeral. I am not sure.
Today I made chicken parm. with gluten free bread crumbs. :-/ We shall see!

1 comment:

  1. Like we were talking about last night, many people who have milk allergies also have gluten allergies. I will pass along any tasty recipes I find along the way! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete