Monday, January 4, 2010

Krismet is a funny way to combine Kris with Kismet.

This is going to be my year. There are big things in store for me, I physically feel the atmospheric shift happening at this very moment. So begins the journey of living in the kismet moment. There are a few things I need to clear out first:
1. My bedroom really needs to be cleaned. Can I be successful if I can't ever keep my clothes off of the floor? That certainly is worth pondering, but also perhaps futile.
2. My usual procrastination when it comes to grading is at an all time high (low?) It is as if the idea of reading 1 more Thoreau essay is paralyzing. Dare I say literally? What would Thoreau do if he was in my position? Something deliberate for sure, but what? Recycle all of that paper and go outside. 24 degrees outside is really prohibiting my transcendentalist chi from being released.
3. My finances, can you say disaster? Oh wait, with a capital D. and maybe capital other letters as well. DISASTER. I am a master at ignoring this, but it is probably manifesting itself in some terrible way that I am unaware of...like I eat too much. Well I do that too, but mismanaging finances pretty much has it's own really dire natural consequences.
Who needs money, so says my friend Thoreau. Word dude. I do pay my taxes though-for the record. And I don't need to spend any time in jail to make a point. That is what this fancy new blog is for.
4. I started working out again today...again something that seems totally futile, although lots of people get really good results, I am not totally convinced. I ran 2 miles today. It seems so insignificant. I epitomize the instant gratification generation. I want to be in shape and I want to be in shape NOW. Just call me Verruca.
5. I also started my good eating habits again just now, at dinner, today, a few minutes ago. Gosh Darn it if it is not UNFAIRLY expensive. This suddenly got whiny, next topic.
6. I am blessed. I know this because I have the best siblings in the world. Like, in the WORLD. I don't mean in the spoil me rotten kind of way, I just mean that they are really frickin' cool people. They all have these awesome and yet really different qualities. They make me laugh, HARD. If I can live up to their standards I am doing pretty darn good in this world.
7. My friend Becky. She is also a riot and a dang good friend. She does nice things for people so much so that it might almost be to her detriment. That is a good person.
8. Old friends are good too. Seeing friends from years ago reminds me that we were drawn together for reasons beyond just the moment and geography.
9. Old boyfriends are ok too. Mostly. They have taught me a lot, or rather, I have learned a lot about myself while with them. That is ok.
10. Growth is good. I would like to see more of it, like if I had a garden. In my garden I would have lavender so that every time I walked by I would think of my mother. Ricky. She was a cool chick too. In every sense of the word. Damn, she is missed.
11.My dad is cool guy too. He is a slippery fella. But he has a lot of love in his heart.
12. I am surrounding myself with people who are filled with love. Because it is cheesy and it feels good. So naysayers, go naysay somewhere else.
Peace and love.

2 comments:

  1. OMIGOSH. I'm now famous! With all intentions to read this earlier in the week, I got distracted by clipart.
    Can I just tell you that I KNOW this is your year?? My bones are telling me it is. And I'm ecstatic to be your friend and do whatever I can to make this the best ever - because that's what you do for me in my life!

    -Becstacy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I totally agree with the eating and working out. It's so much work for what feels like so little in return. I mean, how long does runners high last? 30 minutes? How long am I sore? Days.

    Who's verruca? And I don't know what kismet means either.

    I feel good about this year, too. Let's both do awesome things! Let's start writing more. Don't you have a novel to do? Maybe I should start blogging, too.

    ReplyDelete